Saturday, December 17, 2011

day 17

Lunch:
2 cups spinach salad

Snack:
latte made with Coconut Dream

Dinner:
1/2 cup roasted Brussels sprouts
1 cup potatoes


I went to Bulk Barn today. I love that store, it has absolutely everything! I bought a bunch of millet, (so cheap and sooo good), and a ton of dried fruit. Also some coconut flour. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I am curious to use it. They also had a big sale on dairy-free milks, so I bought some Coconut Dream. Officially it is my new favourite thing. It reminds me of a cross between soy milk and coconut water, (i.e. it is wonderful). I made a latte with it this afternoon and it was delicious. It is a little higher in calories than my usual almond milk, (60/cup of the unsweetened type), but I am not planning to drink it like water. I just use a bit here and there for smoothies and lattes and the like.

I had planned to buy a few coconut cashews while I was there, too, (bad me), but they didn't have any in stock. Which is good, because even a handful is like 500 calories :O

I seem to be craving coconut. Weird. Better than cake, I guess. (It has been on my mind for a few days now, since I heard of putting coconut rum in hot chocolate. Apparently it tastes like Almond Joy.) Sorry if this makes you crave it, but at least now you know how I feel :(

No comments:

Post a Comment