Monday, December 12, 2011

day 12


Breakfast:
banana smoothie (1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, cinnamon)

Lunch:
2 cups squash and leek soup
1 banana muffin

Snack:
1 clementine
3 dates

Dinner:
1 cup couscous salad
1 apple

I have a new favourite workout routine. I discovered it on youtube after finding out that exercisetv.tv is no longer :( But not to worry, this new video is totally awesome! Sort of a cross between dance and aerobics, but the steps are so perverted! It was hilarious, and I was such a sweaty mess by the end of it. Definitely a permanent bookmark.


I was studying physical activity most of the afternoon, and it put me in a really motivated mood. Apparently, it is recommended (by Health Canada) to do some kind of flexibility workout 4-7 times per week, like stretching. Oh, and a few quick tricep and hamstring extensions after an hour run or spin class doesn't count. 4 repetitions of 10-30 seconds per stretch, per muscle group is what to aim for. It seems daunting, but not if you work up to it gradually.

I think I may be the least flexible person in existence, but I want to change that. I am going to try to do a stretching routine a few nights a week. I think I am going to start by doing this one, but I am bound to tweak it. Doing it at night might put me in a more relaxed mood, too, and I will (hopefully) sleep better.

1 comment:

  1. i'm definitely gonna try that zoga thing, it looks interesting. i need to work on my flexibility too, i'm stiff as a board haha xxx

    ReplyDelete