Friday, November 25, 2011

right back at ya

I am officially done this semester except for exams. I handed my last assignment in this morning, and it feels awesome! This semester was hard not to starve/binge. I spent a lot of time on campus during the day, and would bring just some vegetables to snack on and lots of green tea bags. I was fine until I got home and, realizing I was famished and having free access to a stocked fridge, managed to undo all the good I had accomplished during the day. I had a hard time getting used to eating for brain fuel, too. I am used to working, not writing papers, and you need a totally different energy status for that. I didn't want to sacrifice grades to be skinny, but I also didn't want to sacrifice my weight goal, either.

In all, though, I am pretty satisfied with this first semester. My grades are excellent, and I have lost almost 10 lbs since September. But my eating habits have really suffered, which is my next task to master. In the next month or so, before my next semester starts, I am going to regain control over food. How? By getting active, and doing things. Setting goals. Living life. I am going to stop whiling away my time, counting the minutes before I can eat again. Not anymore. Now, in any free time, I will be reading, learning, writing, seeing, doing, making, LIVING.

I am taking back my life. It is about time I told food to shove it, (lord knows how many times food has told me to).

I weighed in this morning, and I am back down to 106 lbs! (Last week I was 110, which was a major blow, but I totally deserved it). 105 by next Friday? I think I can, I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment