Saturday, November 26, 2011

loose ends

I went to the market this morning and stocked up on some fresh veggies. Lots of eggplant and apples. I love the market, except that there are always those annoying new-age parents with their massive strollers and take up way too much space, and run over your toes, and believe that they deserve special treatment and that crowds should part in their presence. If I ever have kids, I will not be pushing them around in a mini SUV. And as soon as they can walk, they will be. But other than that I love the market, especially the sunflower sprout guys. The one the soo attractive, he just has to look at me and I will lay down $10 for a pound of sprouts. (I try to avoid them now, because they are milking me).

While I was downtown, I went to the tea store as well. I am almost out of all my teas, so I stocked up. I got a vanilla black tea, blueberry rooibos, prickly pear green, and a cinnamon ginger herbal. They have so many kinds, it is impossible to choose. I will just have to drink these and get some more. They also sell bubble tea. I have never had it, but have always wanted to. Maybe before the new year I will get some. But what kind? There are so many flavours!

This afternoon I went to the library. It was a beautiful day, so I decided to walk. (And I wanted to burn some extra calories, its about 3 km one way). I borrowed Forget Me Knot, by Sue Margolis. Its a bit of romantic fluff. I am a real sucker for romance novels (cheesy, fluffy, romance novels, mind you). I love the classics, especially Jane Eyre, but I wanted something modern.

I think tonight I am going to take it easy. I was invited out dancing, but I sort of feel like shit, so I am taking a pass. Instead, I might throw on a movie and knit. I am making a pair of mittens. (Actually, I already made them but the one started unraveling, so I am just going to re-knit them. They are soo cute, I will post pics when they are done). I'll start reading my book, too. I can never fall asleep on weekends, so I stay up half the night doing things, like homework. I don't know why. Maybe I am just less active than during the week? Or I feel unproductive? It's stupid. Weekends are supposed to be a break from the stress of the week, but I am always at loose ends.

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean about weekends, i always feel like i should be doing something, then i feel bad for not doing it. even though there's nothing to do haha :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teas sound divine! Try to relax, it's ok to do nothing much on the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete