Saturday, November 12, 2011

11/11/11

Yesterday was perfection - almost.

I woke up early, feeling completely rested. I had an apple and a big mug of green tea for breakfast, as usual. Then I had a really good workout. I did an aerobics video, while listening to Metric. Wonderful.

Later in the morning, I went to the cemetery for a Remembrance Day ceremony. It was lovely. We had a two minute moment of silence, during which time it started to snow - first time this season. It was such a beautiful, peaceful moment.

I didn't eat lunch.

In the afternoon, I went to the university for my nutrition and chemistry lectures. Between classes, I bought a coffee from Starbucks, (Christmas blend, of course), and I studied psychology while drinking it. I was sitting near some boys, and I could hear them talking about me. All good things, of course. They kept looking at me, and every once in a while I would catch their eye to embarrass them. It was so funny! They all left but one, and he and I kept sneaking looks. He was really cute. Tall, dark, bearded, (loooove beards). We didn't actually say anything to each other, but you could cut the tension with a knife. Self-esteem = wayyyyyyy up.

I got take out Thai for supper. Veggies, and rice noodles, and peanuts, and mint. Wonderful.

The awesomeness ended there, though. At around 9 pm I started having side pain. Major side pain. It felt like a knife was slicing through my ribs and tearing into my lower back. I have never felt that intense of pain before. It was my kidneys, for sure. I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep because the pain was so intense. And then my circulation was fucking up. My right arm kept going numb, it was really scary. But I woke up alive today, so I am apparently no worse for wear.

As a whole, though, I wish every day could be like yesterday. It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment