Monday, October 24, 2011

is "failure" synonymous with "whale"? because I am a big one

Ugh! Why am I such a massive failure? I blame weekends, and their complete lack of consistency and schedule. During the week I am fine. I go to school at least 8-10 hours of the day, during which time I have classes and have to study. I am not near a kitchen, or pantry, or fridge, and I am broke so I have no money to buy food. Just a few cents a day to buy hot water for tea. Weekends, on the other hands, are the worst. I usually try to fast on Saturdays, because I don't feel like working out. This week, though, I caved at lunch and ate a bunch of roasted veggies and lentil loaf, and topped it off with a danish. (It wasn't even a decent danish, so I have no excuse). I guess my subconscious took that as an OK for eating shit the rest of the day, because that is exactly what happened.

But these things happen, though, right? Of course right! I can't expect to completely change my habits and behaviour without a few relapses now and then. Just focus on the success that will be tomorrow. At least that is what I told myself on Saturday night, and I sort of remembered my pep talk on Sunday morning. I had a strawberry smoothie for breakfast, about 100 calories, and I had planned to have only an apple for lunch, and nothing until dinner. Oh, and to do an hour of cardio. I got halfway through my workout and I completely lost interest. I was in a miserable mood and not even exercise was making me feel better. (What the hell is wrong with me?) Then for lunch I had a wrap with fried rice and vegetables... and a huge bowl of cereal. I didn't eat too much at dinner, and was happy with that, except for the medium Skor Blizzard I ate afterwards. (Please provide your most disapproving faces here).

I need a change. A big one. I need help, and I need to stop letting myself do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment