Wednesday, February 22, 2012

wine and (no) cheese

Back in the groove of things, almost. Sometimes when I stop exercising everyday, I lose motivation to start again. No good. But I made myself go out last night to Zumba, and today I woke up and did an aerobics video. I like working out in the morning, because I am not awake long enough to talk myself out of it. But then I am always super hungry come lunchtime. But I resisted, sort of. I just had a bowl of lentil soup and a piece of pumpernickel bread. For dinner, I made myself some salad with grilled tofu and an apple. It was good, and I felt full, but then I had a bagel. I don't know why I did. I wanted it, I guess. But I wasn't hungry.

Today is the first day of Lent, and although I am technically Catholic, I don't actually practice the faith in any way. But I always come up with some plan for Lent. Really, it's just an excuse to give things up, or plan to live as a better person, I guess. Sort of a New Year's Re-resolution for me, since my resolutions have usually fallen through by now. Right. So here are my goals for the next 40 or so days:

1) eat vegan. (I pretty much do anyways, but there are times that I struggle. And they always end up being binges. So by being vegan, I avoid triggers).

2) no alcohol. (Unless I am going out dancing, or something. But it is just empty calories and makes me feel like hell. I promised that when I submit my wine essay I would get a bottle of Viognier to celebrate. It is due Good Friday, so Easter/end of Lent I will have a glass of wine).

3) no procrastinating with mindless eating. (Okay, it should be no procrastinating at all, but let's be serious, that will never happen. If I need a break from work, I can do a pilates video, or dance, or read a magazine, or paint my nails, etc).

4) no carbs for breakfast. (I mean like oatmeal, or cereal. It always makes me sluggish and more prone to overeat later in the day).

Basically, I just want to simplify my habits. I am tired of feeling obligated to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment