Saturday, February 4, 2012

bake off = weight on

I went shopping yesterday, and it had its ups and downs. Actually, mostly ups. First of all I bought a really nice new coat. Its black (I know, I know, but it was also 50% off). I love it, and it's super warm. I also tried on some jeans, against my better judgement. Size 26 was their smallest size, and they were too big. Which is awesome! But also shitty, because they were really nice jeans and I obviously wasn't going to get them if they didn't fit. Oh well.

Today I went to Toronto to a vegan bake off. It was super fun. You had to buy a plate with five samples of desserts, and then rate them. I had a gluten-free sample and a cake/bars sample. Both delicious, and just bite size too. (Yeah, it added up to like two desserts, I guess. But it was all in good fun, so I am not going to read into it too much. Plus it was all vegan, which means no butter or eggs!) I also went out to lunch at a vegan place in downtown T.O. I love their menu. They have like a million kinds of smoothies and juices, but I didn't want one because I was ordering a meal, too. I ended up having a small bowl of buckwheat soba noodles with curried chickpeas and sunflower sprouts, and some grilled cornbread with flax hummus. Sooo tasty. Thank goodness I only go to Toronto like once a month, so I can be good on my diet every other day.

Speaking of once a month, I measured yesterday, and I am definitely smaller! I am still 108 lbs, but I think I am toning up too, (and muscle, as we all know, weighs more than fat). My waist is about the same, but love handles are down like 2 centimeters, as are my boobs! And my index finger is a few millimeters smaller, too. Loving it!

My mom kind of ruined my feel-good high yesterday, though, by saying that I'm looking healthy. "You're not skinny, you're toned and fit. You look rested." I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Is she referring to be being heavier that I used to be, or the same but more muscular? I have no idea. And then today when I told her I was giving away my old winter coat, (from several years ago), she said "Yeah, I guess you won't be needing it unless you become huge again". Woah woah woah! I was never huge... was I? Sometimes people just don't think before they speak.

But speaking of reasons to lose weight, I am going to a wedding in June!!!!! My friend from college, who I lived with for a summer, is getting married. (I like to think that I set up the relationship between her and her fiance). I am so excited, weddings are the best. Plus this one is in the Maritimes, so I get a holiday out of it, too. And Maritime weddings are double the fun! (God I hope it's an open bar).







I wish I was getting married, if just to shop for dresses.

1 comment:

  1. yayy congrats on losing the inches! sigh yea hate it when cute clothes don't fit! i think w. ur mum sometimes ppl r just insensitive towards wat they say & oftentimes exaggerate for effect...my mum is the same way & some of the things she says seriously hurts...but then it just fuels my ED even more...and the illogical side of me is actually quite happy when comments like those come along...regardless, i wud try not to take it to heart. ah wedding dresses! So gorgeous!!!! stay strong<3

    ReplyDelete