Wednesday, February 1, 2012

it's that time of the month

It's February, and you know what that means? Progress report! Except that it is Wednesday and I am too tired and lazy to weigh and measure myself. So I am putting it off until Friday (which is my usual weekly weigh-in anyway).


I started taking a picture of myself at the beginning of each month back in September. I thought that it would let me see my progress better. (I always feel the same size even if I lose 10 lbs. It is impossible to see a difference in my appearance when I am with myself 24/7). As it happens, though, I still don't notice much difference. Thus, starting in January I have been taking measurements of various body circumferences each month. (I have only done this once, I guess, but whatever). This way, even if I can't see a difference, I will have physical proof of change. And if there is not change, it will be a kick in the ass to get working and lose the fat! (Actually, it will make me massively depressed and want to eat my sadness. But after I rationalize and pick myself up, I will get working and LOSE THE FAT!)


I am really looking forward to Friday now. Excited, even. Fridays are usually pretty awesome, anyway. I only have two classes. And I always treat myself to coffee. (Yeah, I know. Lame. But I can't drink coffee too often because a) it messes with my insides and b) it gives me a similar high to dope, and I don't want to become tolerant and lose the high. Friday chem class just wouldn't be the same if I wasn't spacey). I am also going shopping in the afternoon! I have been meaning to go to this shop downtown for a few weeks to look at winter coats. Right now I have a snowboarding coat, which I have had for like 6 years. It's nice and warm and all, but I don't snowboard. Nor have I ever. I really want a hot pink coat. Or a Canada Goose parka. Or a girly pea coat, (but I am too short and think a pea coat would look silly on me). The store is having a huge sale on winter stuff, so I am going to check it out. I might look at jeans, too. But I hate jeans shopping. I always feel like a whale. Dresses, then.


p.s. stillimagining you are so lovely! when my mind is spinning and losing control, reading your comments always put things back into perspective. xo


1 comment:

  1. ooh i shud start doing that too! IDK how but i just sort of had it in the back of my mind that i wud have to measure myself everyday in addition to weighing myself everyday. silly me, never occurred to me to only measure once a month lol. Ooh winter coats, I swear, my LOVE, have fun shopping hun!<3333 gorgeous thinspo btw:)

    ReplyDelete