Sunday, January 1, 2012

resolutionary road


It's January 1st again, and we all know what that means! The end to holiday parties and eating, and NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS!!! Until a few years ago, I never bothered to think up any resolutions, but now I am all about it. I think it is important, if not to make goals, but to have something to gauge your personal progress on at the end of the year. Actually, I don't think I look at my list for the full 365 days. Just before making new resolutions, I read my old ones, and see what I have accomplished, and what I need to revise, or what I don't even care about anymore.

This time last year I was in a real state. I hated my job, my living situation, and I had made a huge promise t myself to lose weight. Over the year, I had some ups and downs, as expected. I may not have reached my goal weight, but I proved to myself that I can. And this year I will.

But besides reaching my goal of 100 lbs by this time next year, I have made some other resolutions. I usually like to mix small, material accomplishments with broader aims. Physically checking something off a list gives me a sense of completion, and makes me happy :)

So, my resolutions for 2012 are:

1. Reach goal weight of 100 lbs

2. Make a mini goal each morning, and accomplish it. (This could be diet-related, (eg. I will not eat white bread today), or completely random, (eg. I will message an old friend). No day will be wasted.) Write it down, and in a year look back at how much I accomplished.

3. Do a yoga/flexibility/stretching workout at least once a week.

4. Cut the binge habit.

5. Drink a glass of water with every meal.

6. Never, ever reward myself with food. (This year I had a bad habit of rewarding a successful fast with a big meal).

7. Never wear pyjamas/yoga pants/lounge wear/frumpy clothing out in public. I will always make an effort with my appearance, (that includes makeup/hair/clothing/accessories).

8. Improve my French. (This includes reading Notre Dame de Paris, a book I have been meaning to but have yet to "find the time" for).

9. Get a tattoo. (This has been on my list for a few years now. But I wont ever do it unless I resolve to).

10. Take a trip. Anywhere.

11. Learn to play another instrument. (This does not mean learn the keys. I mean get good a playing music with said instrument). Options, right now, include keyboard or penny whistle.

12. Don't ever waste a minute by watching television, playing online solitaire, wallowing in self pity, etc. Live life to the fullest, and become the girl I wish I were. Starting today, she is me!


2012 may be the year, but today is the day! Make it count, and have no regrets. Say to yourself what you want to be, and then do what you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment