Saturday, April 28, 2012

preparations

What is is about suddenly having money and needing to spend it? ALL of it? I feel like I have been on a non-stop shopping spree for the past week, with no end in sight. It is wonderful on the surface, but I have this horrible nagging guilt in the back of my mind that won't go away.


Where did my sudden income come from, you ask? Well, income tax returns and student loans, of course. All semester I have been living on, like, five dollars a week, but I just got a bunch of government cheques in the mail, and now I am loaded. (Well, not really, but in comparison to normal I am). Yes, I should save it for tuition and my exchange, but I can't help but buy things. It must be in my genes, (specifically the XX of my 23rd chromosomes :P ).

Today I went shopping at Garage and bought a ton of stuff. I got some really cute booty sweatshorts and some tanks, and this awesome lime green hoodie. I don't usually shop there, (it's sortof a pre-teen store, but w.e.), but I need basics right now, because I start work next Friday!!!!! I am so excited! I got offered another job for May and the start of June, cooking at a summer camp for the work crew as they set up the camp for the summer. Basically, I am making meals for 25 university aged guys for six weeks! It will be hysterical, I am sure.  In my down time, (which I will have lots of because the meals are super easy), I get to help them paint and stuff. And, of course, I get to go canoeing and hiking and all sorts of things. Did I mention this is on an island, too? Sadly, northern Ontario is still cold at this time of year, and the lake will be frigid. There is internet access, though, so I will definitely update as often as I can. (Which might not be that often, and not long posts either, since I will only be taking my iphone with me :( But I will definitely keep up with everyone!)


I think what I will miss most when I am away will be aerobics and Zumba. But I am planning to take up running. Seriously planning to. And I bet a bunch of the guys at the camp will join me, so I will have workout buddies :). The camp that I will be working at from June to September has a trail race every Thursday, which I will be doing as often as I can.

I won't be able to weigh myself for, like, 4 months though, which is unheard of (a little frightening, actually). I will be taking a measuring tape with me, to keep track of myself, and to not let myself go. But honestly, I think when I come back in the fall there will be a huge difference, seeing as how a) I won't be able to binge, ever and b) I will be running/canoeing/swimming/playing frisbee/etc./etc. all summer.


I am going to weigh in on Thursday, the last day before I leave. I haven't for several weeks. I know I have been maintaining around 110 lbs, which is a drag, but I have been bored and this week was a total bust. However, all the clothes a bought today were XS, and they fit nicely (aka no muffin top!)

No comments:

Post a Comment