Sunday, April 22, 2012

some new things

This has been such a weird weekend. I guess it hasn't hit me yet that I am on my summer holidays. It will tomorrow - Monday but no schoolwork to do. (Yayy?) Yea, I am thrilled that I am done school. I need a break. But now I am going to have a month and a half before I start my job :S I can do whatever I want, which is awesome, but I think I would rather have an plan/schedule/itinerary. I need goals, and to be able to check things off a list. Otherwise I feel like I am not accomplishing anything, just drifting day-to-day.

On the other hand, maybe I will be really productive for the next few weeks. This weekend was productive. On Saturday morning I cleaned. Bedroom, bathroom, house, swept, vacuumed, washed. Then in the afternoon I made a purse. Well, a clutch. It's really cute, here is a pic :)


I like to sew, but only when I have nothing else to do. It's kind of weird, I guess. But it keeps me busy, which is a bonus. I actually didn't eat on Saturday until dinner :) But then I went out for dinner and had a veggie burger and fries. And two pints of beer (*sigh). Whatever, at least I reminded myself that I can avoid food for a day :)

Today was okay. This morning I did a tae bo workout, which was hilarious. I felt ridiculous, punching and kicking and looking like a total twat. But I was so sweaty by the end of it. Definitely worth it :) I think it is my new go-to workout when I need a kick in the ass to motivate me. I went shopping this afternoon, too. For shoes, of course. My converse, which I have had for five years now, are full of holes. I mean, my feet practically go through the bottoms. So I went and bought a new pair. Navy blue, which is exactly what I wanted. Then I also got this pair of orange Keds boater shoes, because they were too adorable not to buy.
It was sunny today, but not very warm. Hopefully the weather picks up soon. I want to go for a run without freezing my lungs. (Actually, I don't really. I hate running. Maybe I will hike instead. There are some nice trails near my place...) I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, and sorry for the rambling post. I drank a ton of wine at dinner :( and now my sentences are really short or really long, but not making much sense either way :P

2 comments:

  1. I like the purse. It's so cute! I'm the same with doing anything creative. I only do it when I am bored.

    I need new converse. I just have to get motivated enough to go and buy them.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love making stuff too! i have about 10 little projects to do but i can't do them until i finish my uni work. it's so annoying :( the purse is adorable though, i love it! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete