Sunday, April 8, 2012

study bunny

Easter Sunday. Ugh. This actually is, by far, my least favourite holiday of the year. Well, the whole Easter weekend, really. A four day weekend is usually a good thing, but my family always has a huge fight on the Friday and then its four days stuck at home in a hostile environment with nowhere to go.

Okay, I say that my family fights, but its really just my mother who initiates it. She will say some stupid thing, or take something the wrong way, and blow the whole thing out of proportion. Like last year. She was having issues with her mom, and she blamed us, her kids, for it. She kept saying that it was out fault, and when she asked for ideas on how to fix the relationship with her mother, we would give her some strategies which she would throw back at us and proceed to tell us that we don't care. Riiight. Needless to say, last year was terrible. She also left that night, got a hotel room somewhere, and basically disappeared for a few days. Very mature, mom. And all this after I asked her not to ruin Easter by fighting.

Oh well, this year is looking up for once. There have yet to be any disagreements; its like any weekend, I guess. Except that I want to strangle my brothers, (so yeah, it's like any other weekend).

I have been studying all weekend. I have an exam tomorrow morning, and another on Tuesday morning. I'm not too worried, but I am bored silly and you know what that means: eating out of boredom and the need to keep my hands busy. Not a good situation, at all. Today I will be busy, though. I am cooking dinner for my family. Ham, and scalloped potatoes, and cake. All things that I will not be eating. I have decided to make myself a massive salad with falafel. I am really excited, actually.

Sadly, the Easter Bunny came last night and left some chocolate for me. :( I had the most disgusting urge to eat it all for breakfast, (what is wrong with me!?), but I had a banana and some almond milk and chia seeds instead. I am going to do a workout this morning, too. Then its back to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment