Saturday, April 14, 2012

flashback

Okay, so I am halfway through watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and it is most excellent. Haha. Seriously though, young Keanu Reeves is such a better actor than modern Keanu. (Sweet November was the hardest movie to sit through). I have been watching 80s movies on youtube lately, in between study sessions - mindlessly watching the Brat Pack act out paper thin plot lines is the best way to de-stress. And I can't believe how big the hair was back then! I know that is overstated, but its so true! I watched Teen Witch for the first time a few days ago and it is hysterical. Seriously, if you don't watch the whole movie at least look up the "Top That" scene. Sums up the era nicely.

I wish I lived in the 80s as a teenager -if not for the stereotypes, then for the fashion. I know it all seems so over the top now, but at the time dressing in tutus and scrunchies was just natural. Now, if you are not wearing lululemons, tna hoodies, and uggs, you are given dirty looks, (at least that's how it is on campus). I actually made a bunch of scrunchies today, deciding that they are now cool (fashion is subjective, right?) 

In other news, this has been the longest week in the universe, but I have done hardly anything except study and eat. When will it end?!? (Next Friday, I guess, seeing as how it is my last exam). I am just so tired. I want to get back on a reasonable diet, with daily exercise, but right now I am just so focussed on studying for finals that I can't have my thoughts consumed by hunger or food all the time.

It really hasn't been all bad, though. No crazy binges, no doubt because I haven't been starving myself. I guess I have reached an equilibrium? (Not good though; equilibrium = plateau). I have two more exams to write, Wine on Thursday and Psychology Friday. Wine will be the hard one, because it is essay format; as in, I actually have to be able to apply what I learned, not just recall it when prompted for multiple choice. I'm sure it will go well, though. Besides which, in a week it will all be over and I will be on to bigger and better, (okay maybe just different), things. Volunteer work for a month, then camp for three! I really need a break from my family, (and they no doubt need one from me). I have been such a moody bitch lately. A few days ago I was slicing and apple and my brother asked what I was making and I literally snapped at him. (I tend to get annoyed when people ask me what I am eating. Why is it any of their business? I never pry into their eating habits, do I?) Usually I just shrug it off, but I went off on him. Needless to say he has stopped prying for the time being.

Anyways, I am going to finish the rest of the movie and go to sleep, hopefully. Its almost midnight here, and I have been up since 6 because my Chem exam was this morning. So glad that's over. (Seriously. Saturday morning exam? Who do they think we are, robots?) I want to start posting regularly here again, but I just don't know what to write. I feel so uninspired and uninspiring right now.

I look back at where I was a year ago and I wonder why I let myself become so disinterested in living actively and losing weight. I want my old self back :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment