Sunday, September 18, 2011

it's been a long time coming

Let me just say that it is about damn time that I write a blog post. For the last, oh, 2 years I have been playing around with the idea of making a blog, designing various templates, without ever doing anything with them. Until now.

Why now? Because I'm fat. And because I can't seem to get my shit in order to lose weight. This past winter I managed to lose 24 lbs. And I felt great. In the last 2 months, though, I have put 10 of them back on. What's worse is that I don't seem to care. Well, I do care, but I guess I care more about eating tubs of ice cream and drinking beer. What is wrong with me? Where did my self-control and determination go? Must have been crushed under the weight of my ass.

From here on out, though, I am not taking any orders from food. I will rediscover control, and the thin girl that is trapped inside this body and is screaming to get out. Every time I think of her, I get excited - excited that she will soon be real, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment