Thursday, March 8, 2012

demotivational speech

Thursday mornings I volunteer with a snack program at an elementary school. It is run by university students in the nutrition program and we go prepare healthy snacks for kids around the city. All the money is raised through fundraising so it is free for them. Anyways, today my partner was sick so it was just me, which was nice. I prepared hummus and pitas and cucumber slices. Not very difficult, and I was done earlier than usual which would be okay but then I had over an hour to kill before my lecture. So I decided to walk to campus instead of taking the bus. (Actually, I wanted to walk because I had eaten a piece of pita that I felt guilty about and needed to burn off. 17.5 calories. Shocking, I know). It took about forty minutes to walk there, but it was raining so not as enjoyable as I hoped, but I bought a tea when I got there and went to class.

The weather has been miserable lately. It poured rain all morning, and now it is snowing. Oh wait, it changed back to rain. *Sigh. I have no desire to do anything today, least of all go to my aerobics class. But I will, because if I don't I will regret it, and I have no real excuse not to. And I know that when it is over, I will be feeling awesome and energized and accomplished. Plus I get to wear my new workout top. Well, it's just an old t-shirt that I cut up, but it is super cute :)

But I would much rather wrap myself in flannel pyjamas and blankets and do nothing for the rest of the day. That would be nice. Instead, I will sit here and pretend to do homework, freezing my tits off. Maybe I should move somewhere warmer...

No comments:

Post a Comment